After a car accident, you will need to enclose yourself with professionals and especially a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer is a specialist or specialized lawyer in personal injury law – How to choose your Personal injury lawyer Albuquerque? Here are some tips to choose the best personal injury lawyer.
1) Victims of the road, do not hesitate to contact the law firms directly
Nothing beats direct contact. Your personal injury lawyer, you must first feel it … This is indeed a very strong feeling that will be felt as you discuss with him. Ask him questions and if the lawyer clearly answers your questions it is that he masters the subject perfectly. However, we must not be comfortable with it.
In fact, a good lawyer specializing in personal injury law is a lawyer who:
- Process a significant number of personal injury records
- Already have strategies that can expose you briefly
- Knows many experts
- Used to work with medical advisers
- Have several collaborators to be certain that your file will not be set aside for lack of time
- Is very present in the media in current affairs
2) When to contact a lawyer specializing in personal injury law?
Be wary of the Victim Support Association who would recommend that you wait to appoint a specialized lawyer. These same associations will have taken care to make you sign a fee agreement – run away from these associations because these associations do not charge you anything. “We can only advise you to enclose yourself with a lawyer from the first days after your accident.” Indeed, your lawyer is a key player who will be able to advise you with respect to all acts to mediate and you will not take any proposal. Moreover, unlike other performers, it is subject to strict deontology that will protect all of your rights without any traditional fear or mistrust…
3) How to find a lawyer specialized in road accidents?
There is no magic recipe to find the best personal injury lawyer or road accident, lawyer … Either you know a road victim who was very pleased with his lawyer. You can also use the special modern means that offer us internet: GOOGLE and containing some useful keywords: lawyer victim of the road, lawyer accident of the road or lawyer specialized bodily injury.
4) What is the cost of a lawyer specialized in road accidents?
The fees of the lawyer specializing in road accidents are free and are therefore fixed in principle, in agreement with his client.
So how can your road accident lawyer set his rates, on what criteria? The lawyers have a code of principles that recommends fixing the fees according to the difficulty of the case. Several methods of invoicing: the hourly rate, the flat fee and the honorarium of the result.
- The honor “time spent” is to pay your lawyer an accident on the road on time (multiplying the time spent by the hourly rate of practice).
- The “flat rate” fee: it is to fix with your lawyer, at the beginning of the file a total and intangible compensation.
The “result” fee: it is to fix the attorney’s fees exclusively to the result. Nevertheless, the Act authorizes the lawyer to provide a low standard fee to which he can associate a “result” fee at the end of the file but which must obligatorily be included in a fee agreement. The signing of a fee agreement is therefore mandatory since the Macron law. With each payment of a provision by the insurers or FGAO, the lawyer will deduct the fee of result